Louvre Sizes & Tilt Rod Options
Plantation Shutters make it possible to control natural sunlight in a far more dynamic way than conventional window coverings.
Imagine each window being split into separate sections where you can ensure how the light plays in your room and the amount of privacy you enjoy. Our Plantation Shutters are available with louvre widths ranging from 32mm to 114mm depending on the material type chosen.
Guidance on louvre sizes:
- 64mm wide louvres are our most popular choice of louvre size they give the best balance between light ingress and privacy as when the louvre is tilted at 45 degrees it is very difficult for passers-by to see into your home
- Larger louvre size gives more light ingress and better views through the shutter panel
- The wider the louvre the more likely it is to catch any window furniture so your shutter may have to be situated further away from the window
- A remote control option is also available as an upgrade on some of our shutter ranges, enabling multiple shutter panels to be adjusted in one easy action. Remote controlled shutters are perfect for difficult to reach windows, or large window spans
Tilt Rod Options:
Our shutters are available with four choices of tilting rod positions
- Centrally mounted tilting rod on each panel
- The tilting rod is off-set from the end of the shutter panel by 25mm
- Hidden tilt rod - Tilt all the louvres easily without a tilting rod, offers more streamlined look and easier cleaning
- Easy Tilt Electric Operation – Adjust your louvre angle safely and easily with the motorized tilting system ideal for hard to reach windows. Available with solar or battery operation.
Simple online quote service
We offer a simple online quotation service, if you would like to get an idea of the cost of your shutters.
Alternatively request for a FREE no obligation home survey and quotation. We bring samples and colours of all our shutters so you can select in the comfort of your home.